The St. John-St. Paul Collaborative provides Religious Education programs for our children and adolescents with ongoing faith formation, spiritual encouragement, and development of the understanding and practice of being Catholic in the world today.
As always, parents are the primary educators of their children, and our Religious Education Programs serve to support and enhance their important mission.
The programs incorporate meaningful learning experiences designed to inform, guide, and celebrate understanding of the Catholic faith. Children actively participate in prayer, worship, and service to others while continuing to develop their own personal relationship with God.
Our Collaborative offers:
- A Classroom Instruction Religious Education Program for Grades 1-5
- A Classroom Instruction Middle School Religious Education Programs for Grades 6-8
- An In-Person 6th Grade “Summer Blast” Program for Grade 6
- A Classroom Instruction Confirmation Program for Grades 9 & 10 (typically)
- A Family Cluster program offering intergenerational learning for parents and children in Grades 3-8. This program is not available for students in sacramental preparation programs (Grade 1 and 2 First Communion and Grade 9 and 10 Confirmation.)
- An At-Home Lesson Program that allows parents to facilitate monthly lessons for their children in Grades 3-8. This program is not available for students in sacramental preparation programs (Grade 1 and 2 First Communion and Grade 9 and 10 Confirmation.)
- An online program called “Project Nazareth: Faith Begins at Home” that delivers weekly resources to families with children in Preschool – Grade 5 (except for Grade 1 and 2 students preparing for the Sacraments, who must enroll in the Traditional Classroom Instruction Model.).
The program runs from late September through early May. The calendar for the upcoming school year is emailed to all registered families and posted to the Religious Education website in August each year, before the start of classes.
2023-2024 REGISTRATION AND FEE INFORMATION
Registration is now closed. Please contact Linda Messore at Linda.Messore@sjspwellesley.org if you are interested in registering for our program.
We ask that you register by May 31 as we will be making updates to our program and they will be based on enrollment numbers.
$100 per student – $100 per Family Cluster
First Communion Fee (usually Grade 2): $50 per student
Confirmation I Fee (usually Grade 9): $25 per student
Confirmation II Fee (usually Grade 10): $150 per student
Late Fee: $25 per student will be assessed after May 31.
There is a Family Max of $300 per family (does not include Sacrament or Late Fees.)
Religious Education & Youth Ministry Director
Religious Education Staff