Current Weekday Mass Schedule
MONDAY – WEDNESDAY – FRIDAY
9:00am at St. Paul
TUESDAY – THURSDAY
7:00am at St. John
Weekday Mass Protocols and Guidelines
Things to Know Before You Come to Mass
- Mass can be watched via live stream on our website: St. John Live Stream St. Paul Live Stream
- Individuals at particular risk, including older adults and those with complicating medical conditions, are strongly urged to avoid the risks associated with attending indoor public events.
- Please do not come to Mass if you are sick, or have been recently exposed to someone who is sick.
- Church doors will be unlocked 10 minutes before the start of Mass – 6:50am at St. John and 8:50am at St. Paul.
- All congregants are required to wear masks at all times while on church grounds. Please make sure your mask is on at all times while on church property – in the parking lot, on the grounds, and in the church. (Exception: children between ages 2 and 5 should wear masks at the discretion of their parents.)
- For everyone’s health and safety, and as required by the Archdiocese of Boston, we must ensure the maximum ventilation possible in our churches, even through the winter. Windows and doors will remain open during Mass, so please dress warmly.
- A “household unit” is made up of people who live in the same household. A household unit can consist of a single person, a couple, or three or more people.
- Members of different household units must maintain a 6ft distance at all times.
- Please bring personal hand sanitizer with you so you can sanitize your hands before Mass, before and after receiving Communion, and after leaving Mass. (Hand sanitizer stations will be available for those who are unable to bring their own.)
- Parking at St. Paul: Parking is available on Washington St or in the parking lot on Atwood St.
- Parking at St. John: Parking is available in the school parking lot, on Ledyard St, or on Washington St. The Glen Rd driveway entrance is open for Handicap Parking and Limited Mobility drop-off ONLY. No other parking is permitted on the church/rectory property.
Entrance and Seating
- The main (front) doors and the limited mobility access doors (for those who need it) will be the only doors unlocked.
- Mass at St. John is in the upper church and Mass at St. Paul is in the main church. Please do not enter any other areas of the building, or use any door marked Closed or Do Not Enter.
- Only pews marked in green are available for seating. Do not enter or sit in any pew marked in red as closed.
- Please fill the available pews at the front of the church first.
- Each green pew can be occupied by:
- Household units of one or two people: please sit at the far left end or the far right end of a green pew. Please access your seat(s) by using the immediately adjacent aisle.
- Household units of three or more people: please occupy an entire green pew.
- Please remain in your pew until you are dismissed at the end of Mass (except in emergencies.)
- There is NO CONGREGATIONAL SINGING.
- Communion will be distributed by the Priest/Eucharistic Minister coming to you in your pew. Those wishing to receive Holy Communion should stand and remain in place with their masks on; all others should sit.
- Your mask must remain on while receiving the consecrated host in your hands. Please extend your arms with hands cupped as the Priest/Eucharistic Minister places the host into your hand. (Gloves may not be worn while receiving Communion.)
- After the Priest/Eucharistic Minister has distributed communion to everyone in your pew and has moved at least 6ft away, lower your mask, consume the host, and then replace your mask. Please sit after you have received.
- Dismissal will be by row, beginning at the rear of the church.
- Everyone must exit the building at dismissal. (Please see the website for schedule of afternoon private prayer hours.)
- For everyone’s health and safety, please continue to maintain a 6ft distancefrom anyone not in your household as you leave, and do not gather in groups outside the church or in the parking lots.