The Archdiocese of Boston has lifted the dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation. This obligation does not apply to those who are ill; those who have been recently exposed to COVID or any other communicable illness; those who are confined to their homes or to hospitals or other facilities due to illness, infirmity, frailty, or age; and those who are not yet able to be vaccinated, due to age or any health consideration.
The Town of Wellesley has issued a Public Indoor Mask Advisory:
In light of the recent increase in the COVID Virus Delta variant, which has proven to be significantly more transmissible, we are strongly advising that individuals over the age of 5 wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth when indoors in a public setting, regardless of their vaccination status.
In light of this advisory and the guidelines issued by the Archdiocese of Boston, the following protocols are in place in our Collaborative:
- All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, are strongly advised to wear masks indoors.
- All non-vaccinated individuals should continue to wear masks indoors.
- We have designated sections of each church for general seating and for masked/social-distance required seating (please refer to the diagrams below for the locations of these sections.)
- In the general seating sections:
- Masks are strongly advised but not required.
- All pews are available for seating without distancing.
- In the masked/social-distance required seating sections:
- Masks are required.
- Only green pews are available.
- Please sit at least 6 feet from anyone not in your household.
- Collections will be taken up by volunteers (using collection baskets on poles to limit contact.)
- For everyone’s comfort, socially-distanced gestures of peace are still encouraged.
- Ministers of the Eucharist will wear masks for the distribution of communion, which will be by procession.
- All indoor Masses are streamed live here on our website, and a link to the archived recording of at least one of the Saturday Vigil Masses will be available every weekend on the Previously Recorded Liturgies page. (Select Masses are also available live and archived on our YouTube channel.)
Please know that the health, well-being, and spiritual needs of our parishioners will always be at the forefront in our decision-making as we continue to navigate through this process, and we ask for your continued patience and understanding.
Click on a diagram to see a larger image.