Outdoor Mass Schedule, Guidelines, and Reservations
Our planned schedule of outdoor Masses for the rest of the summer is:
- 4:00pm Saturday Vigil Mass at St. Paul
- 9:00am Sunday Mass at St. John
- 11:00am Sunday Mass at St. John
Reservations for the upcoming weekend open on Tuesday at 1:00pm and close on Friday at 10:00am (or when capacity is reached) and are required for all Masses.
Designated areas to accommodate household groupings of 1, 2, and 3 or more people have been carefully mapped out on each parish lawn to allow proper social distancing from other households. Parishioners should bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating (chairs will only be provided for the Limited Mobility seating area.) The lawn spaces at our parishes have drastically different layouts and capacity. St. Paul will be able to accommodate up to approximately 100 people at a Mass, and St. John will be able to accommodate up to approximately 50 people at a Mass. The schedule for this weekend provides the opportunity for about 100 parishioners to attend Mass at each location.
Outdoor Mass Protocols and Guidelines
Please read these guidelines carefully to be sure you are comfortable with them before making your reservation.
Things to Know:
- Please remember that the dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation remains in place, and will continue for the foreseeable future.
- Individuals at particular risk, including older adults and those with complicating medical conditions, are strongly urged to avoid the risks associated with attending public celebrations of the Mass. A recorded Mass will continue to be made available every weekend on our website.
- Reservations are required for all Masses. Please do not come to Mass if you have not pre-registered.
- Please do not come to Mass if you are sick, or if you have recently been exposed to someone who is sick.
- In the event of rain Mass will be cancelled. Cancellation decisions will generally be made by Friday evening for the Saturday afternoon Vigil Mass, and by Saturday afternoon for the Sunday morning Masses, and registered attendees will be notified by email. The cancellation notice will also be posted on the website.
Things to Bring:
- All congregants are required to wear masks at all times while on church grounds. Please make sure your mask is on before exiting your car or entering the church grounds if arriving on foot. (Exception: those with a medical or disabling condition that prevents wearing mask. Children between ages 2 and 5 should wear masks at the discretion of their parents.)
- Individuals should bring their own chairs or blankets to sit on. (Chairs will not be provided except in the Limited Mobility area.)
- Please come prepared for sun/heat – bring water to drink, and consider wearing sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats and using personal umbrellas.
- Please bring personal hand sanitizer with you so you can sanitize your hands before Mass, before receiving communion, and after leaving Mass. (Hand sanitizer stations will be available for those who are unable to bring their own.)
- Parking at St. Paul: please park in the parking lot on Atwood St. (not on Washington St.)
- Parking at St. John: please park in the school parking lot. The Glen Rd. driveway entrance will be open for Handicap Parking and Limited Mobility drop-off ONLY. No other parking is permitted on the church/rectory property.
- Please let us know if you require handicap accessible parking and/or seating when making your reservation.
Lawn and Seating Logistics:
- The lawns have been mapped out to create designated seating areas that can accommodate household groupings of 1, 2, and 3 or more people with proper social distancing.
- Handicap accessible seating areas will be available in designated paved areas. (Please let us know if you require accessible parking and/or seating when making your reservation.)
- Entrance, seating, and dismissal will be by careful protocol – please follow the guidance of ushers and staff.
- You/your household will be directed to your designated seating area, marked by a small color-coded flag.
- Please set up your chair(s)/blanket as close to the flag as possible. Household groups of 3 or more should set up chairs in a circular cluster around the flag.
- Be sure to maintain a distance of at least 6ft between you/your family and other individuals/families at all times.
- Please remain in your designated area until you are dismissed at the end of Mass, except for emergencies. Children must remain with their families at all times.
- To help reduce risk, there is NO SINGING at Mass at this time.
- There will be no offertory collection. Receptacles will be available at the exits so donations can be dropped as you leave. (Donations may also be made online or mailed to the office.)
- During Holy Communion, the Priest/Eucharistic Minister will distribute Communion by coming to you. Those wishing to receive Holy Communion should stand and remain in place; all others should sit.
- Masks must remain on while communicants receive the consecrated host in their hands. (Gloves may not be worn while receiving Communion.)
- After the Priest/Eucharistic Minister has distributed communion to everyone in your household and has moved at least 6ft away, lower your mask, consume the host, and then replace your mask. Please sit after you have received.
- Dismissal will be directed by a staff member. Please remain in place until your color-coded area is called for dismissal, and then follow the guidance of the ushers. Be sure to take anything you brought with you.
- Please continue to maintain a 6ft distance from anyone not in your household as you leave.
If you understand and are comfortable with these Mass guidelines, please click the reservation button below to make a reservation for this upcoming weekend.
Make a Reservation
Reservations for the upcoming weekend open on Tuesday at 1:00pm and close on Friday at 10:00am (or when capacity is reached.) To make a reservation, click the button below. (If reservations have not yet opened, or if all Masses for the current weekend have reached capacity, the reservation button below will be inactive.)