Weekend Mass Schedule, Guidelines, and Reservations
Fall Outdoor Weekend Mass Schedule*
4:00pm Vigil Mass at St. John the Evangelist
5:00pm Vigil Mass at St. John the Evangelist
9:00am Sunday Mass at St. Paul
11:00am Sunday Mass at St. Paul
*Schedule in effect through Sunday, November 1. In the event of rain, Mass will be cancelled (or rescheduled if possible), and an email notification will be sent to all reservations.
Outdoor Mass Protocols and Guidelines
Please read these guidelines carefully to be sure you are comfortable with them before making your reservation.
Things to Know Before You Come to Mass
- Please remember that the dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation remains in place, and will continue for the foreseeable future. Individuals at particular risk are strongly urged to avoid the risks associated with attending public celebrations of the Mass. This includes older adults and those with complicating medical conditions.
- A recorded Mass will continue to be available every Saturday afternoon on our website.
- Reservations are required for all Weekend Masses. Reservations for the upcoming weekend open on Tuesday at 1:00pm and close on Friday at 10:00am (or when capacity is reached.) Please do not come to Mass if you have not made a reservation.
- Please do not come to Mass if you are sick, or if you have recently been exposed to someone who is sick.
- All congregants are required to wear masks at all times while on church grounds. Please make sure your mask is on at all times while on church property – including both the parking lot and the grounds. (Exception: children between ages 2 and 5 should wear masks at the discretion of their parents.)
- A “household unit” is made up of people who live in the same household. A household unit can consist of a single person, a couple, or three or more people.
- Members of different household units must maintain a 6ft distance at all times.
- In the event of rain Mass will be cancelled (or rescheduled if possible.) If a Mass needs to be cancelled or rescheduled, those with reservations will be notified by email and a notice will be posted on the website.
Things to Bring to Mass
- Remember you mask – all congregants are required to wear masks at all times while on church grounds. (Exception: children between ages 2 and 5 should wear masks at the discretion of their parents.)
- Remember your chairs or blankets to sit on. (Chairs will not be provided except in the Limited Mobility area.)
- Please come prepared for the weather. If it is warm, consider wearing sunscreen/sunglasses/hats and bringing personal umbrellas and water to drink. If it is cool, consider additional layers that will allow you to be comfortable outdoors for 35-45 minutes.
- Please bring personal hand sanitizer with you so you can sanitize your hands before Mass, before receiving communion, and after leaving Mass. (Hand sanitizer stations will be available for those who are unable to bring their own.)
- Please let us know if you require handicap parking when making your reservation.
- Parking at St. Paul: Please park in the parking lot on Atwood St. (not on Washington St.)
- Parking at St. John: Please park in the school parking lot. The Glen Road driveway entrance will be open for Handicap Parking and Limited Mobility drop-off ONLY. No other parking is permitted on the church/rectory property.
Lawn and Seating Logistics
- The lawns have been mapped out to create designated seating areas that can accommodate household groupings of 1, 2, and 3 or more people with proper social distancing.
- Handicap accessible seating areas are in designated paved areas. (Please let us know if you require accessible parking and/or seating when making your reservation.)
- Entrance, seating, and dismissal will be by careful protocol – please follow the guidance of ushers and staff.
- You/your household will be directed to your designated seating area, marked by a small color-coded flag.
- Please set up your chair(s)/blanket as close to the flag as possible. Household groups of 3 or more should set up chairs in a circular cluster around the flag.
- Be sure to maintain a distance of at least 6ft between you/your family and other individuals/families at all times.
- Please remain in your designated area until you are dismissed at the end of Mass, except for emergencies. Children must remain with their families at all times.
- To help reduce risk, there is NO SINGING at Mass at this time.
- There will be no offertory collection. Receptacles will be available at the exits so donations can be dropped as you leave. (Donations may also be made online or mailed to the office.)
- During Holy Communion, the Priest/Eucharistic Minister will distribute Communion by coming to you. Those wishing to receive Holy Communion should stand and remain in place with their masks on; all others should sit.
- Masks must remain on while communicants receive the consecrated host in their hands. (Gloves may not be worn while receiving Communion.)
- After the Priest/Eucharistic Minister has distributed communion to everyone in your household and has moved at least 6ft away, lower your mask, consume the host, and then replace your mask. Please sit after you have received.
- Dismissal will be directed by a staff member. Please remain in place until your color-coded area is called for dismissal, and then follow the guidance of the ushers. Be sure to take anything you brought with you.
- Please continue to maintain a 6ft distance from anyone not in your household as you leave.
If you understand and are comfortable with these guidelines, please click the reservation button below to make a reservation for this upcoming weekend.
Make a Reservation
Reservations for the upcoming weekend open on Tuesday at 1:00pm and close on Friday at 10:00am (or when capacity is reached.) To make a reservation, click the button below. (If reservations are closed the reservation button below will be inactive.)