Weekend Mass Schedule, Guidelines, and Reservations
Current Weekend Mass Schedule
SATURDAY VIGIL MASSES
4:00pm Vigil Mass at St. Paul
5:00pm Vigil Mass at St. John
SUNDAY MORNING MASSES
9:00am Mass at St. John
11:00am Mass at St. Paul
Reservations are required to comply with guidelines regarding capacity, social distancing, and contact tracing. We CANNOT accommodate parishioners arriving at weekend Masses without a reservation.
Please read the information below, and if you are comfortable with these guidelines you can click the reservation button at the bottom of the page to make a reservation for the upcoming weekend.
Weekend Mass Protocols and Guidelines
Things to Know Before You Come to Mass
- Please remember that the dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation remains in place, and will continue for the foreseeable future.
- Individuals at particular risk are strongly urged to avoid the risks associated with attending public celebrations of the Mass. This includes older adults and those with complicating medical conditions.
- A recorded Mass will continue to be posted every Saturday afternoon on our website, available for viewing all weekend.
- Reservations are required for all Weekend Masses. Reservations for the upcoming weekend open on Tuesday at 1:00pm and close on Friday at 10:00am (or when capacity is reached.) Please do not come to Mass if you have not made a reservation.
- “Standing at the back” or in the narthex is not an option for those arriving without a reservation, as our capacity restrictions are driven by the need to maintain appropriate social distancing between households and the need to limit density to allow for adequate ventilation, not by available seating.
- Please do not come to Mass if you are sick, or if you have recently been exposed to someone who is sick.
- All congregants are required to wear masks at all times while on church grounds. Please make sure your mask is on at all times while on church property – including both the parking lot and the grounds. (Exception: children between ages 2 and 5 should wear masks at the discretion of their parents.)
- For everyone’s health and safety, and as required by the Archdiocese of Boston, we must ensure the maximum ventilation possible in our churches, even through the winter. Windows and doors will remain open during Mass, so please dress warmly.
- A “household unit” is made up of people who live in the same household. A household unit can consist of a single person, a couple, or three or more people.
- Members of different household units must maintain a 6ft distance at all times.
- Please bring personal hand sanitizer with you so you can sanitize your hands before Mass, before and after receiving Communion, and after leaving Mass. (Hand sanitizer stations will be available for those who are unable to bring their own.)
- Church doors will be unlocked 15 minutes before the start of Mass.
- Parking at St. Paul: Parking is available on Washington St or in the parking lot on Atwood St.
- Parking at St. John: Parking is available in the school parking lot, on Ledyard St, or on Washington St. The Glen Rd driveway entrance is open for Handicap Parking and Limited Mobility drop-off ONLY. No other parking is permitted on the church/rectory property.
Entrance and Seating
- The main (front) doors and the limited mobility access doors (for those who need them) will be the only doors unlocked. Doors will open 15 minutes prior to the start of Mass.
- When you enter the church you will be asked to check-in with one of our volunteers/staff members. As difficult as this will be, we must ask anyone arriving at Mass without a reservation to return another weekend after making a reservation for an upcoming Mass.
- Entrance, seating, and dismissal will be by careful protocol – please follow the guidance of volunteer ushers and staff. Please do not enter any other areas of the building, or use any door marked Closed or Do Not Enter.
- Only pews marked in green are available for seating. Do not enter or sit in any pew marked in red as closed.
- Each green pew can be occupied by two household units of one or two people at each end of the pew, OR one household unit of three or more people.
- Household units of one or two people: please sit at the far left end or the far right end of a green pew. Please access your seat(s) by using the immediately adjacent aisle.
- Household units of three or more people: please occupy an entire green pew.
- Please remain in your pew until you are dismissed at the end of Mass (except in emergencies.)
- There is NO CONGREGATIONAL SINGING.
- There will be no offertory collection. Offertory receptacles will be available at the exits so donations can be dropped as you leave. (Donations may also be made online or mailed to the office.)
- Communion will be distributed by the Priest/Eucharistic Minister coming to you in your pew. Those wishing to receive Holy Communion should stand and remain in place with their masks on; all others should sit.
- Your mask must remain on while receiving the consecrated host in your hands. Please extend your arms with hands cupped as the Priest/Eucharistic Minister places the host into your hand. (Gloves may not be worn while receiving Communion.)
- After the Priest/Eucharistic Minister has distributed communion to everyone in your pew and has moved at least 6ft away, lower your mask, consume the host, and then replace your mask. Please sit after you have received.
- Dismissal will be by row, beginning at the rear of the church.
- Everyone must exit the building at dismissal. (Please see the website for schedule of afternoon private prayer hours.)
- For everyone’s health and safety, please continue to maintain a 6ft distancefrom anyone not in your household as you leave, and do not gather in groups outside the church or in the parking lots.
If you understand and are comfortable with these guidelines, please click the reservation link below to make a reservation for the upcoming weekend.
Make a Reservation
To make a reservation, click the button below:
Reservations for the upcoming weekend open on Tuesday at 1:00pm and close on Friday at 10:00am (or when capacity is reached.) Once registrations close the reservation link will be inactive.